Sunday, March 02, 2008

And now for something completely ridiculous...

...I give you the knitted notebook cover:



You know how sometimes you knit something because the pattern is somehow compelling, and sometimes because you have to have the thing the pattern produces? This is definitely a case of the latter. I just wanted a fuzzy wool sweater for my notebook. Because yes, I am a giant nerd.



After knitting it this weekend I realized that the notebooks I planned to use this on (I have two old ones and thought the cover would come in handy) are actually much larger than 5x7. Doh! :) So, for now, it's covering Max Weber. The Protestant work ethic, capitalism, and some warm fuzziness all rolled into one, sigh. Not sure Weber would approve...

And now, a PSA from Frisky:


"Sorry, I'm busy drying off from my bath! Dogs on Thursday will return at its regularly scheduled time next week! See you then!"

5 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

If you are a nerd, I'm a geek! And, we are in trouble. LOL.

That doggie of yours is a character.

Kathy... said...

Now I KNOW this winter has gone on far too long....when we start putting warm sweaters on inanimate objects!! It's gone to far..... LOL! We have 5 new inches of snow this morning. My DD and SIL are in Florida for a week...and WE PAID FOR THE TRIP!! AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Frisky, Sofee says that's the only good thing about winters...fewer baths. Dry fast, and stay warm!

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Cute! Wow, I haven't read Weber in forever... you have me wanting to find some now. :)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Such a lovely blue-I completely support the idea of knitting seemingly ridiculous projects like that!

Rima said...

Super cute book jacket. Max Weber should be happy--well...