Friday, November 17, 2006

Kitchenering Toes since 1986

DS socks done - but despite my measuring several times, the feet are at least 1/2" too short! First time I've ever done that with socks. Good thing I have another ds with smaller feet than the first...but now they won't be getting the colors they picked out. *Sigh*

I'm also quite disappointed in the colors - very blotchy with random splotches of color that look like something was spilled on the finished product. It makes the stitches look messy, whereas if you look at the socks up close the stitch quality and tension are actually fine.

 

The Magic Stripes colorways that have the mixed grey and white bands are better - consistent repeats, and much nicer striping overall. I am not a huge fan of this yarn anyway, but my kids like the colorways and it is convenient to be able to pick it up at the craft store rather than hauling the boys out to LYS.

Oh well, we will survive this setback and everyone will still have cute stripey feet, just in unexpected colors :) By Christmas, they may even forget what they picked to begin with! (Oh, who am I kidding!)

And yes, I have been kitchenering since 1986, starting with the undeserving boyfriend socks. (It sounded like a good title for something...)

On another note, I swatched for my Knit unto Others project today. I got gauge, so off I go - just not sure whether to do mittens or hats. Hat will be easier, but now would be a great time to try some mittens. Decisions, decisions...maybe a few of each?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am growing weary of this weirdly warm weather we're having lately. Now, mind you, there is a up side to this in that for the first time (I think) EVER, I haven't had to turn on the heat at all for the month of November. Down side is, I don't have the clothes for a warm November! Everything I wear lately looks dorky. (Hmmm...hopefully that is because of the weather???) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Pshaw, your socks are fantastic...I love the colors!!