Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dogs, snow, and knits on Thursday



We got a little more snow today. Another day off for the kids, and for me, an excuse to drink hot chocolate and knit like a mofo.

"You want me to do what? Out there?"



"Noooo!"



My Christmas knitting scheme has completely fallen apart, but I am okay with this. Maybe because the same thing happens every year? I don't know, but here's what I finished the last few days:

Teacher Scarf 1:


Based on the Spring Butterflies dishcloth pattern - I just halved the pattern (CO 25 st), did 2-1/2 repeats, a whole bunch of garter, then 2-1/2 more repeats. I used just a little over one skein of Paton's Classic Merino and it was a super fast knit, about 72". I love the way it looks on - the garter looks so organic.

Teacher Scarf #2:




Just one skein of Malabrigo makes a 59" scarf. This gorgeous pattern is very fast, and totally easy to memorize. And heavenly soft in the Malabrigo, but you already knew that :)

Desperation Dishcloths


What can I say? A last ditch effort to produce yet a few more gifts! Trying to get a small stack of these (though a stack may end up meaning "two") made for my cousin. Random patterns, Christmas colors.

After this I have about half a loafer and one neckwarmer left to knit and that's it for the gifts. Oh, a a few more teeny tiny mittens, now that I found some teeny tiny clothespins to clip on them - cute cute!

Hope you are surviving the holiday knit countdown too!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Our snow is almost gone. We now have fog. As for the Christmas knitting? My last gift is about 1/4 done and I will be wrapping the whole thing (including yarn). When it's opened I'll grab it back to finish it (mittens).

Kat with a K said...

I'm... surviving, yes. Still hopeful about finishing. We'll see.

Vivian said...

Frisk looks so cute in the little jacket. Hope he gets to take care of his business without too much trouble. How I long for a good snow!

bobbi said...

great idea for teachers gifts