Monday, December 31, 2007

The Knitting Frenzy Continues...

Two more quickie projects:

First, I just got an email from one of my college students - she recently delivered a 10-lb baby boy! Ouch!! He is quite the cutie and I am absolutely thrilled for her. I wanted to make her a little something and thought these might come in handy:

Because, as we know, spit happens. Burp cloth is monogrammed because I figure if you have to drool, you might as well do it in style. (details/specs on ravelry.)

Note: I am digging the periwinkle and must make something else in this color soon.

Second, a basic shawl/throw/lapghan for my mom's cousin. She is in an assisted living facility and is beginning to fade, and I wanted to make her something soft and cozy.

I hope it gives her a little comfort.

Actually, there was a third thing too - I knit a second teeny tiny mitten to complete a pair for my SIL. I attached them to a teeny tiny piece of wire with teeny tiny wood clothespins. Unbearable cuteness ensued, but you'll have to take my word for it as I forgot to take a picture ;)

My procedure is at 12 pm tomorrow - wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spit does happen. All the time! Your proejcts look great. What's next on the needles?

Cindy said...

Sending very good vibes your way.

Vivian said...

Love the bib! Hope you are doing well after the procedure.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff, lady!! Can't wait to see the mini mittens (if you ever get a pic of them), I'm a sucker for mini things.

Thinking good thoughts for you.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hope you're well, and thanks for using my fave word ever* on your post on my blog!


*highjinx!

Vivian said...

I trust you are recovering nicely :-) I tagged you for a New Year's meme, come take a look while you are not busy knitting.

bobbi said...

periwinkle is my all time fav color.
10 lb. ouch!