Thursday, October 26, 2006

FOs and the Elusive Miss Lucy Cat

I finally finished the silk cashmere scarf at SnB last week - just need to weave in those pesky ends. (I think my knitting buddy Patrice is my good-luck charm for getting projects finished ;) !) And, due to this being midterm week for my students, I have actually had some time to work on the Irish Hiking Scarf. I fully intend for that project to be completed by the end of SnB this week. Two FOs on the Progress-O-Meter,and one almost FO! Yippee!

So, I guess there is something to this whole listing and facing up to one's unfinished business. I feel so much more organized and goal-oriented. And remember the felted bag with the rolled-over top edge? It actually turned out just fine. I added the handles and will soon be mailing it off.

I will have pictures of all of these FOs soon! In the meantime, I thought I would post some proof that I do, in fact, own a cat. Her name is Lucy, and she still hasn't quite forgiven me for coming home with Frisky the chihuahua, whom she despises:

 
"FEAR YE THE BRISTLING OF MY FUR!"


 
"AND NOW...KISS MY GRITS."


I don't really know what it is about Frisky that offends her so. I mean, what's not to love?

  Posted by Picasa

Awww... Oh well, she was here first. Being a diva apparently means needing LOTS of personal space, which we maintain using a complex system of baby gates and personal assistants (who carry her past the dog and administer Pounces as needed.) Are other people this crazy???

2 comments:

witchypoo said...

Oooo! I cannot wait to see the finished scarf! See you at noon on Sunday at Ewe'll Love it?

The_Add_Knitter said...

Cats are so darn entertaining, aren't they? Rock on with the Irish Hiking Scarf, I love that pattern, it's so satisfying...