Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Week in a Nutshell

Felted bag for MIL, almost done!! This really was a quickie:

  Posted by Picasa

I have about 13 more rounds of grey, then the obligatory endless I cord handles, but then its done! It's actually a lot bigger than it looks in the picture. Hopefully I can finish at SnB this week. It is so overdue.

DH and I took the kids to the public library tonight. The librarians in the children's room all knit, and when they see me we always get all knitty together. One of them was making a long rectangle bag of her own design with a clever crocheted handle using Paton's Classic Merino in Palais and Royal Purple, held together. I never would have thought of that combo. It was gorgeous.

While at the library I also managed to get my hands on Scarf Style - finally - those knitting books just fly off the library shelf. I am hoping to squeeze Forbes Forest in my lineup somewhere, I've been totally inspired by brooklyn tweed to make this fabulous scarf.

Little ds scored a King Arthur book to KEEP, mind you, for just 25 cents from a box at the check-out desk. Cool, huh? :) BTW his Harry Potter party last weekend was fabulous - our Muggle version of Quidditch worked out great! We also flew owls into the Owlery (paper airplanes) and dropped letters into the Great Hall, did an HP alphabet scramble, and played a little HP Scene-It. The kids had a blast and dh and I did not even need ibuprofen afterwards, unlike after a certain older child's party...

I even made a miniscule bit of progress on my dissertation proposal tody...after five hours at the keyboard, but that's okay. Progress is progress.

All in all, a pretty good week!!

No comments: