Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bring on the Ripple

I love to read yarnstorms because the photographs are so lovely and the projects (knitting/crochet/quilting/baking and the ever-so-artful arrangement of candies, cupcakes, china, and Playmobil people) so creative and inspiring. I offer this by way of justifying my recent decision to change gears on my parent's afghan - instead of blocks from 200 Crochet Blocks , I've converted to the simplest of ripple afghans. Mind-numbing, you say? Perhaps. But go back to yarnstorms and feast your eyes on this...and this and you'll understand.

Ripples - I just gotta have 'em.

The only problem? The DK weight Falk I purchased for the project. Something tells me I'll be at this for some time. *Sigh*

Oh well, it'll be good to have something to occupy myself during the endless rounds of Clue and Battleship I'll be sure to be playing tomorrow. Word has it we're about to get socked with a NorEaster and you know what that means. I'll believe it when I see it, but oh, what I wouldn't give for just a few runs with the kids down our backyard sledding hill!!

2 comments:

HDW said...

Well I don't know about you, but here on the coast in Maine this morning we are getting socked...the wind hasn't struck but man isn't the snow coming down?!?!?! Happy velentines day neighbor.....I am stopping in to all my knitting ring neighbors and I am previos on the New England Knits ring button

Lucia said...

That's funny -- I've been feeling a bit ripply myself lately, though I haven't done anything about it yet.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words!