Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Why can't we all just get along??

Sadly for me DH has had compatibility issues between his work computer and our wireless router. Attempts to correct the problem have resulted in compatibility issues between MY computer and our wireless router. *Sigh*... Why can't we all just get along?

What this means is: I have to use our dinosaur desktop to go online. Unfortunately, all of my work and banking stuff is on the other 'puter, the good one, the new (well, new-ish) one. The one that's mine. The one that has that nice, accessible USB port for my camera doo-hickey. And other stuff.

Oh well, this too shall pass. In the meantime you'll just have to take my word for it that Frisky's sweater is close to halfway done, and that I have cast on for the little guy's tiger stripe socks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you just bypass the wireless router and plug right into the cable modem?

YawnOver said...

Yes, I could, but that would mean moving my kinda large laptop out of its cozy spot downstairs and schlepping it up to dh's messy office lair, clearing off a spot for it, fishing the cable out of the closet, etc. The unpleasantness of "the lair" is why we are hoping to get both our laptops working off the router. God forbid we should just clean up the office :)

Kathy... said...

We will just have to patiently wait for a photo of the completed sweater on the lucky recipient!!

Technology is great - when it works!