Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New York Link-a-Dink

I went to New York this weekend to catch a few days of an academic conference. DH came along for the kidlet-free weekend, pool, and king-size bed (he's tall). We had staunchly agreed to use Saturday night to chill out and get caught up on some studying, but our moral weakness and the hotel-window view of Times Square prevailed. Instead, we saw this - it was fresh in our minds as we just bought the video to watch for the 10,000th time - and we even procured some coconut shells to bring home to the kiddies :) Always look on the bright side of life...{insert whistling here}. Our faces hurt from laughing.

Unfortunately, I never made it here :( I was so close. But I did finish the i-cord for the pink felted bag and zip through a few more rows on the afghan in the car on the way home.

Soooo, anyway, I know it's a little early but I think I've succeeded in getting the family interested in driving out to go to this. Anyone else thinking of going?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to go to Rhinebeck. I was thinking of doing the Yarn Safari Trip

http://www.yarnsafaris.com/upcomingtours/nysheepwoolfestival.html

What do you think?

sophanne said...

How could you not? Chilling when there are so many opportunities to not chill is like not buying yarn at the LYS.

We take periodic trips from SW PA- DH was never the python fan that I am but I think he's almost ready to go.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hooray for weekend jaunts sans enfants...love it! I won't be going to Rhinebeck as I'm saving up my marbles for Stitches East, and couldn't swing both:(

Kathy... said...

Would love to run over to NY for the weekend! (Sort of difficult when one is stuck in the middle of Iowa!!)
Sigh....
Sounds like a great weekend!

bobbi said...

Nice weekend, to bad you missed that great looking yarn shop. that is one of the first things i look into on a trip. yellow pages YARN SHOPS!!