Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mad about Plaid!

I bought this skein of Rowan Plaid while in Montreal at a conference over a year ago because I loved the sample hat the shop had on display. It came from the Plaid pattern book, which I decided not to buy as it was $15 and the hat was the only pattern I would have used.



I've looked at this skein often, loving the colors and the feel of it and wondering if I should just give in and buy the pattern. Yesterday, I finally decided to improvise instead. All I really wanted was a cable/rib look. It was pretty easy and now I'm wondering why I waited so long. I guess I was worried about the decreases at the top and how that would work with the cables, but it was actually pretty intuitive.



I'm not sure how closely this hat resembles the one in the book, but I'm really happy with it :) This yarn is fabulous for cabling - and it's discontinued, so it can be had for about 1/2 price! I'll be picking up a few more skeins for sure.



Fight the power! lol

5 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

It looks fantastic! I just bought a ball of 'Plaid' yesterday on sale and can't wait to make a similar hat!:)

bobbi said...

great looking hat wonderful color.
i love the pictures you took.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

That's a great hat! I haven't seen that yarn but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks great!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Ooh! Great job!! Nice colorway.