Thursday, April 12, 2007

Frazzled!

As the end of the semester approaches I am busy wrapping up the courses I teach. I am also trying to give birth (metaphorically speaking of course) to a particularly stubborn and unwieldy paper that is resisting all of my efforts to complete it and send it out into the world. Ever have a project like that? Just when you think you are done, something jumps out needing to be resolved. It is like intellectual Whack-a-Mole. Or something. The Paper That Would Not Be Done.

Prudence is turning out to be a lot like that. The picking up of stitches around the deep V neckline has turned out to be nearly impossible - it looks like I've stapled the damn ribbing on! After ripping out and consulting EZ (Knitting Without Tears) I've concluded that I messed up by including the end stitches in the decreases instead of leaving a regular stitch at each end of the decrease rows. Sigh. Looks like I'll be doing some more R-I-Ppin' unless anyone has a clever fix for this problem.

And look Ms/Mr/Dr Berrocco, would it have been so difficult to just include that little gem of wisdom in your pattern? I know the pattern was free and all. And technically I didn't actually use your yarn to make it. And clearly you assume I have a basic knowledge of knitting and stuff. But Still...

Thank goodness exasperating things happen from time to time or I'd have no reason to blog! Because there surely is not much knitting going on around here.

On a brighter note, I've been having so much fun with the ripple afghan that I'm contemplating upping the crochet vibe a little. I love the green T-shirt on the cover of this book:



I would totally wear this. Unfortunately, I'm having a little trouble getting gauge with the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece the pattern calls for. I am also swatching with Cotton-Ease, but after working with Cotton Fleece...seriously fabulous, soft and nicely drape-y (yes, even in crochet) with a hit of a sheen...the Cotton-Ease leaves a bit to be desired. Cotton-Ease does create a nice rope-y matte texture though, I think it'd be a great look for summerwear.

We'll see who wins the swatch-out, I guess :) BTW The book also has cute patterns for a little beaded shell top and a wrap to go with...

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

'Whack-a-mole'--too funny!!

Do you think that maybe you picked up your stitches from the wrong side? It sounds like that's what might have happened...