Friday, September 29, 2006

The Old-Fashioned Way

Friday Night Conversation in My House:

Boy #1: It's 8:00, quick, change the channel.
Boy #2: I can't, I can't find the remote.
Boy #1: Where'd you put it?
Boy #2: (indignantly) I didn't put it anywhere.
Boy #1: Well, what are we going to do?? The show's about to start!
Boy #2: (heavy sigh) We're just going to have to do it the old-fashioned way.
Boy #1: Well then do it!
Boy #2: I'm going in...(gets up and changes the channel on the actual tv)
Boy #1: Thank God.

Thank God, indeed :)

Conquering Cables: here's my Irish Hiking Scarf progress:

 

I'm using some Paton's Classic Merino that I found in my felted bag stash. It's a little stiff but it will soften up with wear - I know this because I crocheted a poncho with it a few years ago and it still something I love to wear. I love cables! I think once I get this done I'm going to try this, and maybe later Shedir .

Side note: If you haven't used Paton's Classic Merino for felting yet, you should try it. It felts up nicely in one shot through the wash, it is an economical 5 bucks a skein for 100 grams, and you can buy it in craft stores like AC Moore and Michael's where they have those fabulous 40% (and sometimes 50%) off coupons. Such a deal for the 100% wool! They have even come out with some variegated shades. I mean, come on, you're gonna put it in the washing machine anyway...

Exciting news from my LYS: Reopening for the winter season on Sundays, starting this Sunday! Also contests and specials of the month. God, I love yarn.

No comments: